Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The best breakfast I have EVER eaten!


I don't say something was the best ever...ever but I am saying it today!

I had the absolute best french toast I have ever had in my life this Sunday. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and am trying to duplicate the recipe so I can serve it here at home.

We tried a Chicago brunch staple this past Sunday a small local hang out called Orange. There are several in Chicago area...we had difficulty finding the one we were actually planning to try and ended up in Lincoln Park at the Orange there. After our meal it really didn't matter, we were just so glad we found it. Orange is a small, nothing fancy restaurant that specializes in brunch and they have mastered their speciality let me assure you.

When we arrived I noticed an item on the menu the peaked my interest...
Orange Rosemary French Toast
now for a minute the flavor combo seemed a bit odd for breakfast but I like all those flavors so I decided to give it a try. This french toast is made with Brioche that has been soaked in a citrus rosemary sweet cream infusion and then baked until crisp. The citrus rosemary sweet cream is then reduced and drizzled over the top. My first bite was so shocking...it was sweet and savory, smooth and creamy, buttery and rich. You didn't need to add anything...no butter or syrup necessary. This plate of deliciousness melted in your mouth with the perfect balance of flavors.

There were other menu items...cinnamon bun pancakes, mix your own fresh squeezed juices with a big contraption that fed whole oranges into it producing beautiful glasses of fresh squeezed juice in seconds. They offered several egg dishes that looked great as well and where else have you eaten breakfast that offers a flyte of pancakes? But for me I got lost in French Toast heaven....

No comments:

Post a Comment