Monday, August 24, 2009

For the love of food and travel!

I have thought often about starting a blog, one that will entice the reader to travel and to be open to trying local foods. My favorite thing is to travel to a place I have never been to before and discover the food of the region, not by eating at the restaurant next to the tourist hotel, but by digging deep into a town, walking it's streets and meeting the people who live there, finding the out of the way unique experience. I work hard to avoid the chain restaurants whenever and wherever possible, opting instead for the locally owned, sometimes funky places that make for some of the most wonderful experiences in both eating and finding the true personality of a city.

I have collected great restaurants and food stories over the past several years that as time and my current travels allow I will post in hopes that you will branch out and enjoy traveling with your own fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment